Tuesday 6 December 2011

The Social Network


Like grown up toddlers we stumble into college. We look around this new place. We look around the new faces. We look around see a few familiar faces, few friendly. Few arrogant, few dull, few over enthusiastic and a few plain boring. The familiar faces are the ones we start this joy ride of college with. We sit with them through lectures which we plan on attending earlier; we then start talking to the people sitting in the rows behind and in front of us. We then end up meeting their friends and then there is this one huge social group
The next thing that happens is that groups are formed within groups and some people get closer, and some not. Some start dating, some start fighting. Now this one huge group becomes 10 new groups like the Indian political system. It’s the democracy and the people first which then break into several parties just to fight each other. And when you read these 2 paragraphs of utter nonsense, and believe it, I will identify you as a college student.

Its been more than 1 whole term since college has started. I have managed to make a few friends. Some being the grapes as well ( ref: the fruit basket)  but my only question is will these friends last? How trustworthy are they? How close can I get? Will they take me for granted? Am I going to have a dramatic college life? Do I want a dramatic college life? Will I have good memories? Or will I have to live with sob stories? Will people bother me regarding who I like and who I don’t? Will I be caught in a stupid unwanted cat fight? Why am I thinking about this? But then again, will I change? Is this company wrong? Or wait, I wont get carried away by peer pressure, will i?

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I WAS UTTERLY AND DRASTICALLY CONFUSED

There are times when self realization works wonders. I woke up one morning early enough to see the sun rise. I saw it rise and rise till after a point it became painful to the eyes. I couldn’t look at it anymore, my eyes began to water. I had seen it only for an hour and it made me cry. People are very much like the sun. they grow on you. Being close to a person to an extent is healthy, it’s called being social, but getting too close to them only after a short period of acquaintance could make you cry. It could hurt you. And as a self prevention action, so to say. I decided to fall out of all social groups and just learn to be a good person and have “friends”. Because at the end of the day it is the amount of love a person craves for, not the number or people who like them. Love and liking have a huge amount of difference and to be loved is a feeling of satisfaction.

So, here I am, a friend to be. Because you get one day, one life and one experience of college life. one experience to lose it all. One experience where losing is gaining. One day, one movie, one situation one realization, one experience will take you a long way in life. Don’t get stuck in groups, don’t get carried away. Stay in college. Have fun. Judge correctly and you will be a happy teenager J

p.s- sorry for such a stereotypical article, but it had to come from me some day :P 

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this post! I'll be starting college soon and the thought kind of scares me.
    If you get the chance check out my blog - http://im-not-a-morning-person.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Madeline dont be scared! it's an awesome experience and i saw your blog. you are a terrific writer!! keep blogging :)

    ReplyDelete