Thursday 15 March 2012

Invisible Children


Hello everybody, finally I came up with a good topic for a comeback. It’s been a while since I blogged about how things were happening in my life,as a briefing. They were normal. Just yesterday, while I was having a random chat with a friend he asked me if I knew who Kony was. I knew he was A psyched out crazy fellow from Uganda who was amongst the top 10 most wanted people in the world according to the Forbes statistics. Nothing more. Never cared, you see. He told me to see this video-KONY2012. AND THAT’S WHEN EVERYTHING CHANGED
I had my EVS exam the next day, but who the hell studies EVS. So for a change instead of chatting and socializing on face book. Instead of watching the big bang theory on tv. Instead of solving soppy problems my friends had. I saw this video
Joseph Kony is a man. A ruthless, dirty, strange, heartless, mindless, hit-in-the-head man. A man who cares about nothing but how to establish his own rule. A man, who abducts, kills, rapes, exploits children. A man who claims himself to be the spokesperson of god. A man who has his so called great –Lords resistance army, which I suppose is and has to be a pathetic group of mindless rebels. A man who knows nothing but torture. A man without a heart. Without a soul. Without a functional brain. A man who is supposed to have 42 children but is the worst father one can ever have. A man who exploits the relationship between children and parents and forces, plagues minds and makes naive children kill their own birth givers. A man who attacks villages and abducts children. Makes the girls sex slaves and boys child soldiers. Yes, such a man lives. And this isn’t the story of a 100-200 children. It’s the story of a FULL FLEGED 60,000 children and still counting.
I am a student. A typical student. Goes to college, attends classes, has a social group, watches movies, has guy problems, and the normal teenage stuff.  Every night, I have a sound sleep- unless my parents have shouted at me, or I have had a fight with my friends, or not completed my journal or something silly like that. My day starts with the normal stuff and ends with the normal stuff. Anything other than that , makes my day awesome. Which includes, buying new clothes, watching a movie, having sleepovers, attending big birthday bashes, and getting to wake up late. Yes. And this is a clause synonymous with all our lives
What happens in Uganda? They do the most abnormal stuff. Pick up guns, wear torn clothes, and sleep at night with the fear of being abducted. Where ‘sleepovers’ with their parents is the big thing. Where not contracting a disease makes their day awesome. Where not getting noticed by the rebels is like nothing in the world. Where living on hope of dying tomorrow, because they don’t want to live. They don’t want to be sinful. They are kids! They don’t like blood. They don’t like seeing stinky corpses. They don’t like being used by old filthy drug dealers. They don’t like living away from their parents. They don’t like JOSEPH KONY! But can they help it? Can they do ANYTHING? Run away? How far? Far way till they are got back and where the punishment is the death of their brother, sister, mother or father and not their own.  Who knows their plight? These children don’t go to school. They don’t have parents, culture, manners. All they have is a gun. A body to sell. A filthy man to follow. And a little ray of hope that someday. Someone, will come and bring sunshine in their lives. That all this will end. That one day instead of guns they would have books. Someday, they will be next to their mothers cribbing about normal teenage stuff. Someday, they would play hide and seek with their little brother and not make him hide in their own shadow with the fear of losing him. Someday, having to listen to “the talk” from their fathers.  That someday, they would have a typical Sunday morning breakfast. That someday, they make their parents proud and see tears in their eyes of pride and not of pain. That Someday, Joseph kony would get arrested. Someday. Someday these alive corpses will be live souls.
Everyone comes into this world for a reason. He comes here to do something. We came here to do something we don’t yet know of. I know we can’t go out there and bring these children here and give them towel and say ‘have a bath’ you seem dirty, our country has way too many people it should have already. But all I want to say is. I love my parents. My brother. My sister. My grandparents. I love it how I get to talk to them. Be with them. I love it how I get to fight with my brother over the TV. Go swimming with my sister. Have dinner with my grandparents. And to top it all get the love from them
I had a childhood. Adolescence and a teenage. They had the same in different circumstances. This article is for all those ‘pruthvi-bandhus’ out there. We are your ray of hope. Nature is just. It will kill Kony. He will be arrested. He will rust. He will die. JOSEPH KONY MUST DIE. I am with you. my friends are with you. My family. My country. This world. Everybody other than the LRA’S is with you. truth always triumphs. And truth always wins. Justice always happens. And the masses always dethrone the evil. You don’t have to worry because SATYA MEVA JAYATE.

7 comments:

  1. Divya- terrific article on this tragic loss of childhood! keep writing.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you. watch the documentry KONY2012. Its eye opening :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very well expressed, Divya! I loved all ur blog posts... keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Divya! Excellent article! Loved the topic, it's so different and to mention the obvious, your writing style is amazing. Do write more often :)

      Delete